Monday, November 17, 2008

Sometimes...

a mom's just got to yell. As in, raise the voice to levels that are sufficient to get the attention of boys who don't seem to hear me otherwise, in certain situations. I know pleasant words are like a honeycomb and you catch more flies with honey than vinegar..useful for winning hearts and building souls...but there are times when I'm trying to repel a behaviour, sin, if you will...and I feel like Gandalf when he sticks his staff in the ground and yells, "You shall not pass!" There are times when politeness is just not gonna work. So, I did a little yelling today. And although I did apologize afterward, I think my message got through loud and clear (literally).

:>)

2 comments:

Keila said...

Sometimes it feels like that is the only way to get enough attention, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Authority takes many forms. I think depending on the spirit we do it in, we can be hurtful or really, just taking our place of authority of some sporting, exuberant people. I wonder how I know that now hmmm?