Saturday, October 27, 2007

Keeping the longview

A friend of the family makes a to-do list for himself everyday. At the top he writes "Longview". It's to remind himself of the need to look beyond right now...to keep the higher goal in mind when trying to get through the troubles of the day. At the bottom of the list he writes "Leave it better". Ken and I have kind of adopted that as our motto. When circumstances are difficult, when obstacles arise, we look at one another and say "Longview." Thus, the name. And so begins my foray into the world of blog. I'm keeping the longview. And hopefully, when all is said and done, I will have "left it better".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Oh, I hope you stay! I must go and continue for my "longview..." People await me...

Anonymous said...

Oh, welcome, Maureen! :D It's so nice to find you here. Blogland is good for keeping up with people you might not get to otherwise. I know Dee has certainly become an even dearer friend, thanks to modern technology. ;) I look forward to sitting on your front porch & enjoying the 'longview' as well. Stick around! Love, P

Anonymous said...

Great first entry Moe and excellent use of the word "foray." People don't use it enough.
I never get enough time to actually talk to you and Ken so it will be fun to hear what's in your heads.

Anonymous said...

Maureen!!!!! it is great to see you.....now i can read your blog every morning with coffee.......it is sooooooooo great to see you.

Jenn

Keila said...

Hey! Welcome to the blogging world... may this be an outlet for inspiration and creative expression! Have fun!

Jacqs said...

Can't begin to explain how excited I am! Telling you I'm "so excited I have to pee" probably doesn't help because, well, everything makes me have to pee right now! 33 weeks and counting!

Glad you're here!

Your Kid said...

What is this?