Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Abundant living...

* children peacefully working together making a dam in the creek nearby
* a long overdue visit with a dear friend and her charming, polite and beautiful children...
* fresh baked pumpkin muffins...
* sunshine and air infused with the aroma of Fall...
* uninterrupted conversation with dear hubby...
* cheering on the cute preschoolers as they bob for apples..

I'm determined to tap into the abundant life Jesus promises us. Surely it must be possible to live a life of abundance in spite of the poo that flies from time to time. (Not just figuratively, either--I have a puppy, a not-quite-toilet-trained preschooler, and a 10 month old!) It's a choice I must make-every minute of the day--heaviness or happiness, mercy or madness, bless or blast, play or pout, laugh or languish (okay, I guess I'm getting carried away with the alliteration!) Today I chose to play, laugh and be happy--with a little madness mixed in. (Hey, nobody's perfect!) A taste of abundant living...and it was delicious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you my friend are a wonderful light for us all.

Anonymous said...

I love alliteration! Do you want to join my English Geeks club? Okay, I'm just kidding ~ but I do love alliteration. :D Have a great weekend, M!