Thursday, November 1, 2007

Abundant living?????????

So just moments after my post about a delicious taste of abundant life, things turned a bit sour....
For some reason our computer registers 2 hours earlier than it really is, so keep that in mind when you read my posts.

11 PM Head to bed, tired and ready to close my eyes
11:02 Baby senses me with his radar...sonar....smellar...whatever he uses to detect the very moment I enter the room.
11:03 Nurse the baby
11:10 Baby back in crib, lay down to close my eyes
11:15 3 yo starts crying...go to comfort 3 yo and discover lollipop stuck to the side of his sweaty head...lest you judge me too harshly for allowing 3yo to go to bed with a lollipop, I must tell you I had to get him to leave a party...with me and not Papa...drive in the car, not the truck...and put him to bed. It all just went so much more smoothly with candy in hand.
11:25 Walk away from still crying 3yo, he's cranky and pushing me away.
11:30 Ken decides to give it a try...with raised voice. 3yo stops crying, baby begins
11:31 Nurse the baby
11:40 Baby back in crib, close my eyes
11:45 3yo crying again. This time he's able to ask me what's all over his head. I get a washcloth and wash the stiff and sticky hair off the side of his cheek and ear. All is well again.
11:50 Back to bed, close my eyes
12:00 Alarm goes off. It goes off every night at midnight. Somehow I keep forgetting about it during the day. The alarm is impossible to figure out, even with directions. Ken and I are intelligent people. We should be able to decipher the code. Ken turns off alarm.
12:01 Giggle uncontrollably
12:10 Nurse the baby
12:20 Back to bed, close my eyes
12:40 Wild scratching on the basement door. Go downstairs to let cat into the basement.
12:43 Back to bed, close my eyes. Lay awake thinking about my next blog post. I think I had one too many pieces of chocolate.

I'm not a coffee drinker, so I need to find someway to keep my eyes open this morning. Toothpicks....too pointy. Ahhh...a piece of chocolate, or two. After all, it worked last night...

3 comments:

Keila said...

Never a dull moment, huh? I am amazed that you actually timed it, I tell myself I´ll remember the time and the next day it is just a blurr!

Anonymous said...

Oh Maureen...I thought I had busy nights...

Dad said...

Sounds like a night full of blessings - taking place, as it did, among your family, in safety, in the greatest country in the world, in a warm bed, in a house with a fully stocked refrigerator, with resources like a willing spouse, money for food, faith and a lot of love - and the wisdom to giggle at the absurdity of it all. I love you, peanut.