Friday, November 30, 2007

Verse of the day

Keeping away from strife is an honor for a man
But any fool will quarrel.
Proverbs 20:3

You can probably guess what I've been doing today. That's right. Playing referee. Arbitrating. Negotiating. Meting out sentences.

The beginning of strife is like letting out water,
So abandon the quarrel before it breaks out.
Proverbs 17:14

I can't get enough of the book of Proverbs. There's an answer for every situation in there.

Except maybe my 1 yo 's obsession with cat food. Got some wisdom for that one?


5 comments:

Jacqs said...

When my brothers and I were about 6, 7, and 8 we got ourselves dressed and were heading outside to play in the snow when mom asked us to feed the cats first. We didn't want to waste time by taking off our gloves so we just grabbed the 10lb bag and started to pour .... and pour ... and pour ... it didn't work out as planned and cat food spilled EVERYWHERE! When we heard mom's footsteps coming we panicked and starting shoving cat food into our snowsuits and up our sleeves and in our MOUTHS to get rid of it quick. There the three of us were, frantically chewing and swallowing cat food!

Maureen said...

That is soooo funny! I can picture it- I really can.

Anonymous said...

My wise comment is . . . better a fascination with the cat food than the cat litter. I have witnessed both. Food better.

Wendy

Anonymous said...

I think that the mom's of the world could negotiate world peace, if they let us at it...he he he...peace to you this day...corrie

Anonymous said...

Loving Proverbs with you, Maureen. And I don't think I ever heard that particular Timer tale. Of course, those are endless... ;) Have a wonderful day! Paige