Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Brain food

I am taking a Spanish class with my oldest once a week, and I am really enjoying myself. I figured it would be helpful for him to have someone to study with, and I might just learn something, too. I didn't expect to like it so much, and somehow it's starting to sink in. I find myself thinking about how to say things en Espanol throughout the day and even as I wake and fall asleep! It's food for my brain, and I guess it's been a little hungry. Don't get me wrong, I read all the time. I'm a homeschooler after all. But I think my brain has gotten such a steady diet of How to Homeschool, or Encouragement for Moms, that it's become a bit malnourished, like someone who decided to eat only chicken and broccoli for years. (I love chicken and broccoli, but that would be a bit much.) I am devouring everything Spanish. It's been great brain food. Mi gusta hablar en Espanol. Mi gusta estudiar Espanol. Entienden?

No comments: