Friday, November 2, 2007

I'm for him

Have you noticed the negative campaign signs out there? One in particular really irks me. It says, "NO GOBLET". It's mean spirited and probably disheartening to Mr. Goblet and his family. I can just picture his cute grandkids reading the sign and wondering what it means. It's a perfect example of the human tendency to be negative. Have you ever noticed how easy it is to list the things you don't like? But what do you know about someone if you know they don't like the color blue, don't like red roses and don't like winter? It's like anti-knowledge. There's no substance to it, like a black hole. I can't hang my hat on it in other words. Now, tell me you like the color blue, and I know what color sweater to get you. You say you like carnations? I'll surprise you one day with a dozen. So Fall is your favorite season? I'll be sure to plan to spend some time doing Fall type things with you. I want to be for something, not just against everything.

Go Mr. Goblet! We're for you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!!!

Jenn

Keila said...

I was thinking the same thing just yesterday driving by! I´m for Christ! So, what color do you like? What are your favorite flowers? How about your favorite season?

Maureen said...

Favorite color: red
Favorite flower: carnations
Favorite season: Fall

How about you?
:>)