Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The pox

First--I feel like I should apologize for having the same music play over and over forever on this space. Everytime I go to change it, I realize how much I really like it. Really.

So, we are a almost a week deep in pox, and so far the worst case was Emma. Daniel had only a few pox and they are almost all scabbed now. Jon and Matt popped out with pox yesterday--and both of them already have a worse case than Daniel. Matthew has not complained of itching yet--though I've seen him scratching his head--there's a huge pox there. Armed with caladryl, benadryl, and ibuprofen for fevers and sore throats, we're actually doing very well, considering. In fact, this weekend we still managed to plant our vegetable garden and get some cleaning done at Oma's. (They return tomorrow!) Plan for today--pox people to doc for documentation of their pox (in case they ever go to public school), last touches at Oma's, and itch patrol...
Here's Daniel with his one bad pox...the rest were tiny and there were only about 10 of them.
Jon has quite a few more than Daniel--you can just make out one about an inch from the corner of his mouth. He's very itchy...

Emma wins the prize....

she was covered from head to toe....

Matthew refused to be photographed...like any toddler he loves the camera any other time than when you actually want to take a picture of him!

2 comments:

dee said...

Hi Maureen :) Pox for everyone huh? They'll have a lifetime immunity. Paid for by their family's true grit that keeps those great teeth showing in their smiles. love to you all.

Jacqs said...

I enjoy the song! And I wish I lived closer. I'd bring Julia by!