Monday, May 18, 2009

Takin' it slow

After a day of festivities celebrating a 5 year birthday, and a poor night's sleep due to sweaty, overtired boys needing much attention in the night, I'm moving rather slowly today. And to top it all off, I'm still wrestling with pregnancy exhaustion and nausea, both of which seem amplified by my lack of sleep last night. You would think at 16 weeks I'd be done with nausea--but I'm wondering if I'm feeling my age with this one. Pregnant at 37 is much different than pregnant at 34. You wouldn't think so, though, would you? However, I'm rather enjoying the slow pace today. Most other days it would annoy me...but I've cuddled with the youngest, enjoyed 2 cups of tea (mostly to warm myself up), helped a couple children along with schoolwork, read a couple chapters in a book (College-Prep Homeschooling), done some dishes, and basically just puttered around the house. Giving myself permission to take it slow has been such a relief. Next big thing to conquer--dinner, then early bed for still tired children, and, hopefully, early bed for still tired Mama.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I hope that you find rest this evening....blessings to you are you wonderful family