Monday, November 16, 2009

Almost 2 weeks!

And so, almost 2 weeks later, I am just beginning to get to know this new little person. If she had her way she and I would lounge around on the couch all day, eating and sleeping while the world swirls around us. Naps during the day do not come easy for her...way too much going on in this house of 8. But nighttimes are wonderful--she settles in for the night around 9 or 10 pm, and sleeps for 3 hours or so between feedings. No fussing, just peace. She becomes very animated when brothers and sister talk to her. Lots of open mouth tongue waggling, as if she wants to talk back. Her big eyes zoom around the room as if she wants to take in everything at once, and our afternoon walks outside are soothing for both she and I. I wrap her up in the Moby wrap and we enjoy the fresh air. Juggling the needs of 6 children is proving to be a challenge, especially when trying to keep the world as normal as possible for the 2 year old, once baby, now big brother. But we are settling in, and I have found I can nurse a baby, play "guys" with Matt, and listen to big sister all at once! As a side note, I must say I just do not have the right sound effects to play army guys. If you could have seen the look Matthew gave me when I tried to make machine gun noises. He actually laughed out loud and told me "that's not right". I get points for trying. You'd think I'd have it down now afer 4 boys....
The newborn period has never been an easy one for me. But God has been so near during these last few, difficult weeks. His peace is a whispered prayer away.

1 comment:

dee said...

Hahaha! What a wonderful lady you are. Playing "guys.." I am so impressed!!!