Saturday, November 28, 2009

So Thankful

Feeling thankful today, I will try to put words to thoughts and feelings...

My dear friend kept reminding me during those most uncomfortable and wearisome last days of pregnancy that a month from then it would all seem like a dream. And that's where I find myself today. Nearly 4 weeks since the day Sarah was born, already, and it does seem rather dream like to remember those days before she was born. And for that, I am thankful. For dear friends who remind me of truth, I am also thankful. For naptimes and helpful children and a loving husband who lays down his life for his family, I am thankful. For a God who draws near to me as I draw near to Him, I am thankful.
For songs that become a life raft in stormy seas, I am thankful.

Can I lie here in Your arms, Can I lie here in your arms,
My only calm is You, save me....
My only thought is You, save me...
My happiness is You, save me....
It's on David Crowder Band's album Church Music. The first Sunday I was home with Sarah, and exhausted and battling anxiety, I lay on the couch with Sarah sleeping on my chest, while the rest of the family was at church, and felt such peace as I listened to that song. Truly, my only calm is Him. I will always remember that day as special--me and Sarah, in the presence of God.
So many things to be thankful for. So many blessings to count. And Christmas around the corner. The Reason to be thankful. The Reason we are blessed. I look forward to celebrating His birth this year even more than ever.

1 comment:

dee said...

So glad to hear your thoughts...I wanted to call you today, and then the inevitable....life. You know all about that :) I love you so. Let's talk real soon.