Monday, May 16, 2011

It's a particularly difficult Monday. I would venture to guess it's because I've not been fully present in the moment. Scramble to get this done so I can move on to that while kids follow with questions and needs and life's problems loom large with no solutions on the horizon and what does this all mean anyway and sometimes I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong, and what more I could do to make it all better?

On these days it's more important than ever to count.

And remember.

"Life is not an emergency."

"This is where God is. In the present. I AM---His very name."

"The real problem of life is never a lack of time. The real problem of life--in my life--is lack of thanksgiving. Thanksgiving creates abundance and the miracle of multiplying happens when I give thanks--take the just one loaf, say it is enough, and give thanks--and He miraculously makes it more than enough."

~Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts, ch. 4

#31-40

~Burn only on left hand, nowhere else
~Clean bandages
~Generosity of my husband
~Grace with customers
~Mrs. Edson, teaching piano with love
~Friends and family willing to drive
~Warm slippers on cold feet
~The way Sarah rubs her belly and says "ssss" for please
~Quiet moments in the sun on a Sunday afternoon

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Thank you Maureen. these are good for a rainy Wednesday too. I needed it. xo