Saturday, January 19, 2008

tagged....

I've been tagged by Keila, so here goes.....

Seven unknown or weird facts about me:

1. When I sit still I have a habit of rubbing my feet together. It seems to be genetic, as my brothers and father do it, too. My family finds it strange, and a bit annoying. My husband calls it "Stinson Stuff".

2. One of my very favorite places to visit is White Sands National Monument in New Mexico. It's nothing but acres and acres of sand...and it's one of the most peaceful places I've encountered thus far. The kids and I jump off the tops of the huge dunes and land up to our knees in soft, luscious white sand. Very undignified, but oh, so much fun!

3. In high school I was the co-MVP of the league in Softball. I played catcher, and loved every sweaty, dusty minute of it! I also played soccer and my coach called me "Rhino".

4. I once helped my husband skin and gut two roosters in our backyard. I did cook them, but could not bring myself to eat them. It wasn't that I felt sentimental about them. I had just seen too much. I prefer my meat already cut and wrapped for me, thank you.

5. I was told by doctors I would not be able to have children without fertility drugs. 5 children later......

6. I enter the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes every time they send me an entry form! Yes, I read through the whole bulletin and find all the stamps and paste them in the right places....hey, you never know!

7. I would love to be on the Amazing Race! Ken, however, thinks I'm crazy!

That's my story. Let's hear yours. Here's the rules:

*Link to the person that tagged you.
*Post the rules on your blog.
*Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
*Tag 7 people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
*Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

I tag Jenn, Jacqui, Andrew, Debbie, Paige and Hannah. That's all the bloggers I can think of...I'm one short!


1 comment:

Keila said...

Thanks! That was an interesting glimpse of Maureen... I have tried but failed to picture you jumping off the top of a huge dune, let alone landing up to your knees in white sand! And yes! I would love to do the Amazing Race too!