Friday, January 11, 2008

Humbled, and thankful...

A completely unexpected and thrilling surprise appeared at our doorstep last night...bags and bags of groceries delivered by some gleeful and fast fleeing dear friends. A precious gift of food our brothers and sisters had sacrificially shared. We thankfully and excitedly commenced to rummage through the bags and put things away. But then came the doubts. We immediately began to feel guilty. Why us, when there are certainly so many other people in more dire need? Maybe they made a mistake. It's just too much, I can't even fit it all on my shelves! And then there was Truth...I was reminded of the verse in Malachi 3:10:

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in my house, and test me now in this, says the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have enough room for it."

Well, I do believe God opened His floodgates on us last night. We are so blessed to be part of such a generous and loving body of believers. And just to confirm to me that no mistake was made, God made sure that included in the groceries were two items I had purposely not bought the last time I shopped. I was determined to try to be frugal, and had said no to my children when they asked for these treats. But God chose to make us rich....with roasted peanuts and Life cereal.

Thank you, God. And thank you, dear friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was such a blast!