Friday, December 28, 2007

giggles and girls...



Did the girl thing the other day. Tea party, dressed up bears and little girls in princess gowns, special treats fancy plates and cocoa in fancy tea cups...and make-up! Oh, what fun can be had with a box of colors and powders! Before Emma was born I had already had two boys, and felt fairly confident I could handle a third. When I found out we were having a girl, I was overjoyed and overwhelmed. Would I know how to be a mom to a girl? What if she loves dresses and make-up and tea parties, and.....all those things I felt so far removed from after 7 years with all boys? And here I am, six years later...tea party, dresses, make-up, and giggly girls. Yes, she loves all those things, just as I suspected she would. And I'm so thankful that God is using my little girl to remind me of how much fun it all can be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, very nice! I wish grown ups were allowed tea parties ;) That's why He blessed us with these little people I think. It keeps us young.