Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A little extra shut eye...

Last Christmas, much to the dismay of my 3 oldest, Daniel decided a little extra shut eye was his Christmas gift to himself. So, instead of waking at his usual 6:30 or 7 am, he slept until 8:30! This year, we were all laughing and remembering how hard it was to wait to open presents, and kidding around about him doing it again. Well, unbelievably, he did! Daniel slept until 8:30 am on Christmas morning. He sleeps in once a year, on the day when most kids are up before the crack of dawn! Our rule is we don't open presents until everyone is awake, and I won't let them wake him up. My motto is "NEVER wake a sleeping child." Especially one with cranky tendencies. Oh, the torture! I'm still giggling about it.


We had a beautiful day. As Emma put it, "The best gift is that Jesus was born."
I must whole heartedly agree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is funny Maureen! Thanks for sharing from your home. You know I love it :) Hope your days are filled with a little extra shut eye :)

Keila said...

How funny! Aren't they always like that, though? Always a step ahead of our plans, just to keep it interesting! Love you!