Thursday, April 10, 2008

A man and his wallet

The other day my 8 yo son found his spider man wallet and decided it was time to put it to some real life use. He put his gift card to a video game store in it, along with a few dollars from his chore money, and a picture...of Emma, his younger sister! He commented on how cute she looked and proudly showed everyone, flipping his wallet open in a very grown-up fashion. Today as he and I were driving to the mall for some shopping (video games for him, hopefully some much needed items of clothing for me) I asked him why he put a pictue of Emma in there. He said, "I wanted to put a picture of someone I love in there." He explained that his Uncle John told him the three things a man puts in his wallet are a picture of the one you love, a band-aid, and some money. It seems all he needs is a band-aid and he's good to go, then!

In case you're curious how the shopping went...true to his masculine nature, Jon entered the mall, bee lined to the store he wanted, found the game he needed, paid and we were out the door in no time. And me? True to my feminine nature, after window shopping a bit, I found a store I wanted to browse in. Found about 10 items I wanted to try on. Disliked every last item for one reason or another as I gazed in the fitting room mirror. Left the store without anything I set out to buy. I did, however, manage to stop in a different store and walk out with several items for Emma that were not on my shopping list. :>)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet Jonny is. Glad you had fun shopping you spunky mama!