Monday, August 16, 2010

Discipline looks like...

An alarm clock, newly set. I'm in training mode and need to acclimate my system to rising at the same time. Dressed and eager I head out for a walk which turns to a jog from time to time. New ambition, fresh inspiration, in need of self-discipline I jump in and take a few steps. Desperate need for order has birthed vision for routines and schedules, which sounds so rigid but there's freedom in those boundaries set by time.

So thankful today for
*new routines
*grace to face the failed routines of yesterday
*mercies that are new every morning
*the people who inspire me
*tomato, cucumber and cheddar sandwiches
*banana blueberry muffins
*seasons
*moments of quiet in a whirlwind of children
*gray hairs--the Bible says they come from Godly living!
:>)

No comments: