Thursday, February 3, 2011

February's hush


The hushed quiet of February's fields blanketed in white draws me out, and in. I am thankful for the children and the liveliness with which they live life, but there are days, moments, when I crave some quiet. Time to think, pray, be.....

As I venture into knee deep white, I reflect on the seeds newly sprouting in my heart, in my soul.

An awakening.

Something new stirring, promising joy I've not known in the things this world has to offer. I'm thanking God for the moments, the gifts, He offers to those whose eyes are disciplined to see. A challenge to count to 1000, and beyond, has me with pen in hand. Gratitude is what I named this new year, and in many ways God confirms to me that, Yes, it is his voice I've heard through friends, through His word, through the words of others.

I am thankful for these blankets of snow, and the hush that settles with flakes where they fall.

My soul is quieted.
My eyes are open.

I turn the knob, and step back in.


2 comments:

Cassandra said...

I'm speechless. You are beautiful. The Lord is amazing.

Andrea said...

So lovely :)