Monday, March 31, 2008

Books for the Bookworms...

Just when my resolve was getting thin in my determination to finish out the homeschool year, the new Sonlight catalog came! Sonlight is the curriculum I use with the kids. I really like it, mostly, and have learned to modify or just leave out the things I don't care for. When the catalog comes, it's like having a bookstore come to my house. I usually do a quick once over when I first get the catalog. Then, when the kids go to bed, I indulge in some "window shopping". Then, over the next few weeks, I start making the lists of (1)books I need...(2)books I'd like to have...(3)books that are on the "completely extra and only if I haven't already broke the budget would I even consider buying" list... I'm a junkie, I know. I have boxes full of books that I can reuse from Andrew's younger years, and I still manage to make lists of books that fit each category. I love to read. I love to read books. And I want my kids to love it, too. Andrew is a bookworm, and now Jon is catching on to the joy of reading. He finished a book the other day, and was sad it was over. Now that's the sign of a good book. Perhaps a new bookworm has been born...

2 comments:

Jenn said...

your love for books is a inspiration to me .... Keep up the good book seed planting....lol

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! The Sonlight catalog must feel like a feast! I remember my days of poring through the booklists...it seems so far away! Happy bookhunting and bookfinding friend.