Monday, January 26, 2009

This Day

Finding joy in:
** Happy, successful ventures to the potty with Matthew who went most of the day with no diaper!!
** Letters and pics from family in the mail
** A peaceful husband who enjoyed his day at work
** The giggles of a little girl having fun with her older brother
** Watching Jon play his heart out at indoor soccer
** A little guy who makes sure to tell me at least 5 times a day and more, "I love you Mama. You're the best."
** Watching my oldest grow into the capable young man who took care of putting dinner on the table for me in my absence tonight!
** Friends to laugh and celebrate with (or cry and commiserate with, whatever the case may be!)

Praying for:
**Oma, who is in the hospital undergoing tests after experiencing chest pain and difficulty breathing. She is feeling better, and we hope she will be going home tomorrow.
**God's hand of provision for loved ones with needs, as well as ourselves
** Loved ones who need the Lord
** Wisdom

Meditating on:
** "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." James 4:8
He's close enough to hear me whisper, to hear my heart beat, and I'm enjoying His presence in a greater way these days.

Hoping to:
** Be hired as a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor. I applied last week and I'm waiting to hear.
** Play more indoor soccer after having so much fun scrimmaging Jonathan's team on Sunday.
** Set some personal reading goals and develop my own reading list after seeing one posted on a blog.

Needing to:
** Buy a new refrigerator. Ken went to dish out ice cream tonight and found soup instead.
** Put laundry away.
** End this blog, or I will just go on and on!

1 comment:

Mamala said...

Ah, so you have your own 4:8. ;0) I like yours, too.