Thursday, June 4, 2009

Let's ride the roller coaster!

It may sound strange, but with each pregnancy it gets easier and easier to forget, for hours at a time, that I am pregnant. And suddenly, like a wave crashing over me, I remember that there is a little person inside my body! I don't think that realization gets any less amazing the more pregnancies I go through. There's no mistaking those little flutters, kicks and punches for stomach rumbles anymore. They remind me to pray, to plan, to look to the future of this new little one. He or she will be 15 years younger than my oldest. She won't even start school until after Andrew has graduated high school! I can get overwhelmed by the long range outlook...another labor to go through!!!....2-3 more years of diapers....temper tantrums....18 more years of homeschooling....



Whoa, there, brain. One day at a time. And then I remind myself of the squishy little bundle I get to hold and love and feed and sing to. The tenderness that blossoms in the boys as they hold this cute little person. (It's always there in Emma). The destiny represented by this soul, loved, and called by God into existence. It's truly amazing that God allows us to be part of His creation in this way.



Pregnancy is a roller coaster ride....ups and downs and terrifying and exciting and sickening and exhilerating and oh so much more fun when you're sitting next to a friend. Anybody care to join me?

2 comments:

dee said...

I used to stand in long lines waiting for roller coasters. Now they kinda find me, and I get a little nervous, and still scream with ups and downs. Not sure if I'll be taking your roller coaster again, but I'm here waiting, watching and smiling as you go. xo It's your music...makes me sappy :)

Mamala said...

Oh my goodness, from your title I thought you actually were going on a roller coaster. It wouldn't even surprise me. And no, I don't want to join you. Just as we would have been saying "we're done," we have 7 more years to go... Just 7 makes me feel tired; I'm definitely too old for 18 more.