Monday, June 8, 2009

Ultrasounds

Ultrasounds are amazing. They are the ultimate curiosity cure. Everyone wants to know what's inside a pretty package--how much more to know what's inside our own bodies. So I watched the screen showing me the profile of my baby, still inside my body. The legs folded up so the toes touched the head! Moving this way and that, perhaps to escape that thing that keeps pressing down. (I admit a little guilt at putting this little helpless one through such invasion.) Everything looks great, barring a slight placenta previa that will probably move before it becomes an issue.

And we will probably be having a girl! That's what the evidence (or lack thereof) seems to indicate. The tech was not 100% confident, but fairly certain. I'm no expert--but she sure does look like a little girl.

Bring on the pink! :>)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

There is much rejoicing in our house... and I am sure that Emma is really, really, really excited!!!!!!
YAY.... pink!!!!!!!

Keila said...

Yay!!! A little sister for Emma! God and His little surprises!

dee said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! Yay! Getting really real right Maureen? :) So happy...