Sunday, February 24, 2008

My product review...a day late...

Ode to the Crockpot
Oh, the joy that can be found
Inside the steamy round
Pot of stewing, bubbling goodness.
All day aroma we savor
Anticipating the heavenly flavor of
One dish, and so little mess!

Split Pea Soup is bubbling away in the crock pot as I write. I love cooking in that thing. The flavor of the food is so good, and I love not having to rush around cooking in the evening time when toddlers and preschoolers are cranky! The aroma makes your house feel homey...it's a great way to use up leftovers...it's convenient for cooking when I can't be home...what a great invention! I have cooked baked potatoes in it, as well as enchiladas, soups, stews and chili. It's great for cooking up chicken to use in enchiladas and such, and then you can use the broth to make soup or stew!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Now that is a great product review....what would we do with out the crockpot.

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE my crockpot. My dearest help in the kitchen :)

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

love the poem...lol!
corrie