Friday, February 8, 2008

Safe in Him

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower;
The righteous runs into it and is safe."
Proverbs 18:10

Safe from worry. Safe from fear. Safe from accusation and condemnation and misrepresentation. Safe from the enemy. Safe from myself. Safe from the storm. As I call on the name of the Lord... As I hide under the shadow of His wing, I am safe. And His strength is my strength. I'm amazed by the peace I can have (for it is a choice) in the middle of the storm. I'm surprised by prayers answered and miraculous provision. But if I truly believe His word, none of this should surprise me. He is my Defender. My Provider. My Liberator. My Peace.

I'm running into that tower. There's safety in there.


4 comments:

Jenn said...

He is safe.......ahhhh
that bring such peace in my heart.

Anonymous said...

I think you may have blogged a worship song!!!

and much clapping here for your pretty Vivaldi. Love you.

Anonymous said...

soothing & beautiful....so true...thanks for this reminder!....love....corrie

Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen! I read Let Me Be a Woman. Let us know your review! I love your columns you've added :).