Monday, October 20, 2008

Steak for breakfast...

I came across a huge little verse this morning while I read my Bible.

"Let all that you do be done in love." 1 Corinthians 16:14
I know that my life would change dramatically if I could actually live that out. If every interaction, every chore, every action I take and word I speak was done in love there would be no room for selfishness, insecurity, anger or discouragement. You know, if you think about it, if God is love and He is holy and without sin, then if we do everything in love we are doing everything in God and it is impossible for God and sin to dwell in the same place....so could it be that the more I do in love the less sin will be working in my life? And, if God is love and I am to do everything I do in love, couldn't that be a key to knowing who I am in Christ? Since God is love and we are made in His image?
"God is love, and the one who abides in this love abides in God, and God abides in Him."
1 John 4:16
If I do all that I do in love, I am abiding in God, and He is abiding in me. And if God is abiding in me then sin cannot abide in me. And nothing is impossible because God can do all things....
Just chewing on some meat this morning. Anybody got a toothpick?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Serve it up Maureen. This is AWESOME!