Friday, February 6, 2009

Indoor Days


I took a few snapshots today of the things we do on an indoor day. The calm you see in the picture lasted about 30 minutes. The rest of the day was filled with loud chess games and screaming laughter and wild chases round and round my kitchen. At least most of the chaos was happy. Winter is feeling rather long this year. A thaw is most in order, I think. I can't wait to start cleaning up the mud the kids track in the house--because it means they are loud and screaming and wildly chasing each other outside rather than in.
But in those blessed minutes of peace we played with corn meal in a mini sandbox.....yes, it's immensely messy, but 30 minutes of peace is most worth it!
We did actually get some school work done, too. Some took to their studies more seriously...

than others.....



My chef in training helped me bake cookies...black cookies, as he called them. Dee's recipe for chocolate cookies. Yum!


And I can always count on Matthew to clean up the enormous mess he makes!
I wound up doing my workout today, in my basement. Yes, the actual sight of me jogging in place to the tune of Hillsong was as funny as you might imagine with your mind's eye. Andrew had strict orders to stay in his room and not watch me. I could have jogged on the road, but I'm still not ready for the watchful eyes. Week 2, workout 2, DONE!


No call yet about the Peer Counselor position. Which could mean I didn't get the job. Or it could mean they haven't made a decision yet. (Do the interviewees who don't get the position always get notified?) Or it could mean they couldn't get through because my phone was OFF THE HOOK until 3:30 this afternoon! I'm a most impatient wait-er. I am doing my best to trust that God has it all under control, and if I don't get the position, He has something different planned for me. A few years ago, Dee gave me a devotional book that I love and have found comfort in more times than I can count. Today, as I struggled to be patient and wait for the outcome of my interview, I read the devotional for today, which highlighted the verse "Ye have need of patience, that after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise." And also, "As for me, I will patiently abide always: and will praise Thee more and more." I'm so thankful that God speaks to us in our struggles, and helps us grow because of them. I grew in patience today, minute by minute as I praised the Lord in spite of the sinking feeling in my heart as I watched the clock and no phone call. Perhaps there is still hope...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, your family, and that I get to hear about your days here. Thanks for being you. xo

Mamala said...

Your noisy chaos sounds so fun! Wish we were there.

Praying for your job!