Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Today was the day to start week 2 of the jogging program, and let me tell you, there was a bitter struggle with myself. It went like this...

"I should go jog."
"It's snowing. Who jogs when it's snowing?"
"Just get out there and get it done."
"It's too slippery, I already fell once."
"What was I thinking, anyway? I hate running."'
"But I already told everyone I was doing this, I can't quit now."
Nothing like a little accountability (thanks, Dee, for the encouragement to write about it :>)). It really got me moving today. And so, I went to town and jogged 90 sec, walked 2 min, for a total of 20 minutes. That worked out to 7 1/2 minutes of jogging and 12 1/2 minutes of walking. And it felt great.

In other news, this morning I went to my first job interview in 16 years! I can't believe it's been that long...I applied for a position as a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, and I really hope I get the job. The interview went very well, and I should hear something by the end of the week. The position is great for me in many ways--I love to talk to moms about babies, and it's flexible enough to not interfere with my most important job--mom to 5.
God's will be done.
(Please, God?)
:>)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

very cool about the job!!!!
and Awesome job on your running!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness...so many new and exciting things. so happy for you...