Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Top Ten Reasons We Love Winter Camp

10. It breaks up the monotony of long, cold, winter days.
9. The kids are so tired afterwards they sleep like logs.
8. It's art, gym, music and Bible all in one.
7. The kids are so cooperative all morning because they are so happy to be going.
6. It's a milestone for the little ones when they finally can "officially" go. Dan is so proud!
5. I don't have to cook dinner for two nights in a row!
4. The worship is the best (Emma says it's her favorite part of Winter Camp)
3. The skits are hilarious (and I love how it gets the older teens involved in ministry)
2. Pastor Ben's messages are always inspiring.

And the #1 reason we love winter camp is....

God is there and He touches our hearts.

By the way, still jogging. Not that you need to know that, but I need to write it. :>)

2 comments:

Keila said...

Thanks for posting this, it is nice to know that the efforts and investments are appreciated!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about all of the called out times of fun and seeking I had as a youth, and what an imapct they had on me...both in the fun and in the seeking. I am grateful for the opportunities my now big kids had to grow up in this environment and what a blessing! they get to serve now too! SO yes, I'm glad for the time and the vision to stir up these hearts of ours.