Thursday, February 19, 2009

Planting Seeds

I've been doing some planting today....seeds of creativity. As Daniel wanderered from room to room teasing one sibling or another, or complaining "there's nothing to do", I realized he needed a little help to get moving in the right direction. I stopped what I was doing, and took the cushions off the couch. Immediately there was something to do. I planted a seed which grew into an all morning activity. To get his imagination going I put a green blanket on the floor--which became the swamp. The pink blanket--the lava...Seeds for more games and fun with the cushions on the floor. Years ago I heard a teaching about sowing seeds... we are always sowing something. Creativity, love,joy, peace, friendship, impatience, frustration, anger....Sometimes all it takes is a suggestion...a seed...to get my kids moving in the right direction. I usually try to keep a list written of all the things my children can do to keep themselves busy and happy, with little or no help from busy Mama. I think it's time for me to write up a new list. A pocket full of seeds is just what we need to keep away the cabin fever.



1 comment:

Jacqs said...

Alligators were in our swamps.

We also played the penny game. I'll have to call you to explain that one ... but we LOVED it!