Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Magical Days

This past weekend all of Ken's family gathered to give honor to his parents for 50 years of love and commitment in marriage. In testimony to the countless lives that Oma and Grandpa have enriched and touched, over 70 people came from all over the world to celebrate the occasion. People who have known them for over 60 years, people who have known them for much less, people from California and North Carolina and NJ...and all the way from Germany! It was a beautiful thing to see old friends connect again. Grateful tears were shed as people thanked us for bringing them together one more time. Oma's nephew from Germany came, with his family. All a surprise to Oma and Grandpa, and our children played with their children...swimming, jumping on the trampoline, and the soccer game to beat all soccer games lasting long past 10 pm! Oma and her niece visited long into the evening, speaking German and laughing and catching up on lives in Germany. I wish I had pictures to share, but was so caught in the joy of the moment I forgot all about capturing it! I'm not sure words can do justice to the feeling of love and richness we feel after having connected with so many people who love our Oma and Grandpa. There are moments in life when you know your life will never be the same. You know that your heart has grown, your mind has grown, your soul has grown. I think these magical days have been just such moments.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you captured the moment just fine. Well done all around.

Keila said...

So happy that you got to experience that! What a wonderful gift to each individual, not to mention Oma and Grandpa!

Anonymous said...

I'msorry I missed your call. It was an extremely busy afternnon. Hopefully I'll drop by VBS tomorrow. You'll be a sight for my sore eyes!

Anonymous said...

oh my. Can you tell I didn't proofread ;)?

Anonymous said...

sounds so awesome!!!!!!...I pray blessings on you and your family....love, corrie

Anonymous said...

FYI missing you!