Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A little fresh air...

I was a bit of a slug this morning. I was doing things...but nothing was really getting done. Was supposed to go to my Spanish class...but couldn't get it together. Overwhelmed by piles of laundry, testing, a cranky toddler and a preschooler who needed a playmate, I was muddling through til dinnertime. After cranky toddler ate his dinner, he wanted to go outside, so I forced myself out of the house and away from the work. And I became energized. A little weeding, some yard clean-up, older son weed whacking, children industriously working alongside and my head became clearer. Were the piles of laundry, testing, cranky toddler and preschooler still there when I came inside? Yes. But I was in a better place mentally, and spiritually. Getting outside the circumstances, rather than under them helped out alot. A little fresh air....I needed it more than I knew.

3 comments:

Keila said...

How funny is it that sometimes to get through what we need to do the only thing that helps is actually getting away from it?!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is about the open air, but it helps me too. xo. Glad you got a breather!

Anonymous said...

and thanks for sharing, it's a good reminder. I know what you mean by that "slug" word. A time of refocusing on other things helps at times like that. Even weeding a flower bed!! My occupied and distracted in a million places mind (as you know) needs the physical outlet or easy reading to divert me so I stop getting bogged down with heavier thinking and/or constant distraction. Ok, that's it. I could go on an on, but ladies room is free now and bedtime calls! ;)