Friday, May 9, 2008

The love of a friend

While doing some clutter-busting the other day, I happened upon a couple of boxes of old photos. It was fun going through and reminiscing a bit while I categorized the pics as "to keep" and "not to keep". I found a picture that someone took of me while I was receiving an award in high school. I vaguely remember that day and was almost about to put the pic in the "not to keep" pile, when I noticed the real focus of the picture, my dearest friend who stood behind me and just to the left. She was watching me receive my award and she was beaming. The love that radiated through her smile was so strong I could feel it though I was only looking at a picture. It brought tears to my eyes. I'm so thankful that God blessed me with her friendship and such a beautiful example of 1 Corinthians 13, 4-8.
Needless to say, the picture is a keeper, and so is Dee.....thank you for many years of love and friendship, my dear friend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maureen! Not fair! Making me cry so easy. :)
I don't think anyone who knows you could stand by and not be thrilled to see you blessed.

Anonymous said...

You were(and are) exceedingly deserving of all the public and private respect you received.

Keila said...

I think you are, indeed, deserving of any awards given to you, but even more, I think you are a friend deserving the best of friendships! It is a blessing to see your love and friendship to each other. How long has it been?