Thursday, May 1, 2008

You know you're a mom of young children when...

...there's a toddler sitting on your lap every time you sit down--even in the bathroom!
...you make a phone call during a quiet moment and chaos breaks out just as the other party answers the phone.
...you can quiet said chaos using only facial expressions!
...you spend more time reading Dr. Seuss than the newspaper.
...you spend more time watching Disney than the news.
... every shirt you own has a stain from cereal or chocolate ice cream or cheese doodles-none of which you've actually eaten!
...you're in the car, halfway to where you are going, and realize you have no idea what your hair looks like.
...the contents of a diaper are an interesting topic of conversation, not to mention a source of obsession at times!
... you have jars full of dandelions on your counter.
...you hear "I'm hungry" about 50 times a day and spend 1/2 your day in the kitchen.

:>)

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I believe children are a blessing, and I'm grateful to God for sending us 5 beautiful, healthy miracles. These days don't last forever, so I'm told. So I'll take the advice of those who've made it through and enjoy it while I can. They grow so fast.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and what a happy, fun home you have. There is no place like yours Maureen!

Keila said...

I can totally relate to... pretty much every single one of those! Especially as I went to meet a lady from the family support project (SCAAP) to check out a place to do some mentoring to young girls and realized half way there that my pants had jelly all over them!

Anonymous said...

so true, and funny.