Monday, May 26, 2008

Sympathy nesting....

Dee and Keila and Becky are pregnant--and I seem to be nesting right along with them. We 've started work on making a bedroom for Andrew in the basement. Here's Andrew helping to cut through the concrete foundation....



And...


My playroom finally has a fresh coat of paint and pretty border applied. A room that has long been nothing more than storage for toys is finally becoming part of the house. Living space, not just storage space. Applying the border was a bit of a fiasco....when I bought it I was guessing at how much I'd need. You'd think the wife of a builder would be more attentive to the need to measure-but I wasn't. I had already put border on one whole wall when I discovered I was not going to have enough to do the whole room! And now there was wallpaper paste all over my freshly painted wall, and when I wiped it off I was getting paint on the paper towel--apparently I had not let the paint "cure" long enough...so there were streaks all over the walls and border that had been glued and unstuck and we're trying to glue it again...I almost gave it up-and then Ken saved the day. We moved the border down a bit-so the windows would take up space to allow the few feet more we needed to go around the room. He graciously helped me finish the job. And the walls dried and look ok. A little touch up of paint will be necessary-but what could have been a disater turned out to look pretty nice. Here's the before and after picture:

Before.....

and after....





Ahhh...that's better. Now I need to get some curtains on the windows and voila! A family room.

4 comments:

Keila said...

It looks lovely, Maureen!!! You guys did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh Maureen what gorgeous work! I simply LOVE it! A beautiful room, perfect for a little escape to read or play if needed.

What a young man Andrew is. You are teaching him amazing things!

Anonymous said...

Andrew is a young man of true quality.

Anonymous said...

Om my Gosh!!!!!!...it looks awesome!!!!!!!!!....signed, the "lame one"...he he!