Monday, September 29, 2008

Confessions of a PBS addict

I have a confession to make. I am addicted to PBS. And I know that because every time there is chaos and fighting I find myself saying, "Let's watch PBS!" And even when it's peaceful, there are certain times of day when I just feel like turning it on. 7am-not even sure what's on...10 am-Sesame Street...3pm-Cyber Chase. Ken has punished one of our children with no TV or computer for a few days....and I'm the one suffering the most!

I definitely have a problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was doing a reading lesson with Bannon today, and was thinking that PBS has helped us so much with learning sounds and blending. My big kids joke that all big guys like them still like PBS but couldn't admit it publicly. And it really is nice to have something reliably educational to turn on for them without the commercials. I don't know how the pioneer women did it!?! Perhaps I need help. Should I seek reform?

Mamala said...

Tell Ken . . . Punishments have to be a win/win for mama! (Either their behavior is lovely and you both win, or it's not but at least you still win.) My favorite is to have them do one of my chores, especially one I don't like doing. Then I can be happy either way. ;0)