Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of School....

for Daniel! I don't want to shock anybody, but this homeschooler does believe a little time away from mom is a good thing---for both mom and child! Provided the program is quality and the time is in short bursts, especially when they are young....I'm so pleased to have found out about this new preschool, it was a real answer to prayer. It's run by moms who love their kids, it's 5 minutes from my house, it's only two days a week, and it's free! It's a cooperative preschool, so each mom takes a turn teaching. So, every 5 weeks, I will team up with another mom and we will have some fun with the kids. I am a teacher at heart, and this will be a fun, different outlet for me.

And for those of you who are wondering if Daniel had trouble separating himself from me....the answer is not one little bit. I was pleasantly surprised when he walked over to the children and began playing with the toys, and he never once looked back at me. I think this is going to work out just great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! God is so very good to us isn't He? What a wonderful testimony of His provision. Praying for eyes to see the needs here...

Jenn said...

Oh Maureen I am so happy for you and Danny.... what a great thing for him and you both.