Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Goodbye, Oma and Grandpa



You'd think after 13 years of summers here and winters there, I'd get used to the inevitable goodbye. But, not so. It's still as hard today, and maybe harder. Back on a plane they go, to drier air and wider skies. Emma and I are still drying our eyes....


Oma did alot of cleaning up while she was here this summer, and I have some plunder to show for it! An old cabinet, in the basement of the brick house when they bought it, has now become part of my new pantry! After our trip to Deerfield, my eye has been drawn to all things primitive--which is a decorating style I have recently learned from those more learned in these matters than I-- so I snagged some shelves Oma was done with and Voila! A pantry that makes me smile each time I enter....and it's efficient to-boot! My counters are less cluttered, my cabinets, too--and I can store extra canned goods, etc. without losing track of them in my basement, as I have done from time to time.
Some old looking utensils and a wooden bowl complete the pantry which is both pleasing to the eye and functional.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hugs across the computer Maureen. I know how much Oma and Grandpa mean to you.

I love the shelves, and wooden bowl taboot? Wow, you got it going on! :) Tell Emma she is the cutest kitchen helper. Can't wait to see it in person.
Thinking about you, and giving a cyber "hello!!"